Monday, December 21, 2009

Is Acai berry good to use for a liver cleanse?

I've been partying and drinking too much this summer and recently cut out alcohol for a bit. I want to do a fast/liver cleanse and have heard that Acai berry is a good antioxidant.





Is it safe to use Acai berry while you are fasting? Does anyone have any recommendations of fast/cleanses ?





I'm not interested in losing weight - I am in a healthy BMI range. I am using Acai berry only for it's antioxidant purposes. Also, I don't need to hear how unsafe fasts are or how disgusting drinking is, or how irresponsible and derelict it is to drink heavily for a few months and then starve yourself to rid your body of it's toxins. I know, OK?Is Acai berry good to use for a liver cleanse?
Fasting for a spiritual or physical reason is always a good idea if you feel you need to. Acai may not be a supplement you want to rely solely on for a complete fast (ie eating nothing at all, or only fluids).


However, I think using it whilst simultaneously simplifying your diet to give your body a break, so to speak- could do good things for you.


The source website gives it good marks as a safe and helpful herbal.


Just make sure you buy it from a reputable source and know what else is in it besides the pure acai.





Since you stipulated you weren't planning to use it for weight loss, there is no need to go into why they warn against those who view it as a quick-fix for weight issues. =)





Hope this works out well for you!Is Acai berry good to use for a liver cleanse?
If your are taking it in pill form, it is recommended you take it with food. I am not sure if it will help cleanse your liver. However I have read that Milk Thistle is good for cleaning the liver.

No comments:

Post a Comment