Saturday, December 12, 2009

Is it safe to take liver cleansing supplements and colon cleansing supplements?

(Doctors' answers prefered.)


Is it safe to take liver cleansing supplements and colon cleansing supplements? If so, is there a certain brand you recommend? What exactly is in the supplement that is effective? Is it possible to overdose? I am a 20 yr old female with irregular bowel movements and occational nausea. My stomach is often uncomfortable and bloated (even when I'm not on my period), and I'm wondering if it would help to take colon cleansing supplements. Every now and then, maybe every 2-3 months, I get so nauseous for an hour or so and then I vomit. After I vomit I feel better but I still feel exhausted so I usually go to sleep afterwards. I already exercise, drink plenty of water, and eat healthy, but nothing I do seems to work. My doctor says there is nothing she can do because there is no consistency and there doesn't seem to be a certain food that triggers it so she can't diagnose anything. Also, I don't know if this is relevant but sometimes if I'm hungry I get dizzy. If I dont eat enough I get very fatigued and sometimes dizzy. I'm 5'4'; and about 108 lbs. That is a healthy weight for my body type. Just to clarify, I don't starve myself, I always try to make sure I've eaten enough. ThanksIs it safe to take liver cleansing supplements and colon cleansing supplements?
You've got 20 questions wrapped in there...


Yes, you can take them together - th colon cleanser will get rid of the liver waste through the stool, so its fine. Colon cleansers are either irritant/stimulant laxatives like senna or cascara sagrada, or physical laxatives such as psyillium, flax or oatbran. Some include clays such as bentonite. It is possible to overdose, but that would take some serious effort - what is far more likely is that you wont drink enough water and end up very constipated - so drink lots of water...





When you say that you have stomach bloating - you mean like it feels that you ate too much? That sounds more like something that would benefit from digestive enzymes, rather than a laxative.





And for goodness sakes, everyone gets tired and dizzy if they are hungry enough - everyone. Dont write that off as some odd symptom. And ';irregular bowel movements'; are more normal than not. That bit about having one every day - I have no idea where that comes from. Most of your stool is dead blood cells (thats why its pretty much the same color day in and day out) - and some people simply go through them faster than others. If you are having to strain to exprell them, increase your fiber intake DAILY. Being sporadic with your fiber intake can make your intestines sporadic. Fiber is what your body uses to literally sweep everything out.





I dont know where you are - but most of these products are very similar If you see them, I like renew life brand - and in that case, you dont need a seperate product for each system, just get the one for beginners and it covers all of your organ systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment