Wednesday, December 9, 2009

When you take liver cleanse pills, do you also need to limit your diet to vegetables, fruits, nuts, etc?

I currently purchased Enzymatic Therapy Complete Liver Cleanse. It is a 2 week program (you take 3 pills in the morning and 3 before bedtime). I know that I should not be consuming alcohol while taking the pills, but I am not sure if I should also be on a special diet. I am a vegetarian so I don't consume meat or dairy, but should I also stay away from soy products?When you take liver cleanse pills, do you also need to limit your diet to vegetables, fruits, nuts, etc?
I know that the pamphlet that comes with that kit mentions a ';clean'; diet while you are taking the cleanse. Basically-lots %26amp; lots of water, low sugar, whole grains, lean protein(including greens %26amp; legumes if you don't eat meat), fruits %26amp; vegetables. The less processed the better. Generally speaking, unless you're eating edamame, soy is processed to make it into tofu or ';meat'; etc. So I would definitely limit if not completely eliminate the soy while you're doing the cleanse. Hope that helps!When you take liver cleanse pills, do you also need to limit your diet to vegetables, fruits, nuts, etc?
I am no nutritionist, but I do read a lot about health. I would stay away from any milk products and drink OJ and other fruit juices. Soy products may stick in your liver, so that could hamper what you are trying to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment