Monday, December 21, 2009

Should I do a liver cleanse? What is the right way to do it?










I have been researching this online, and my mother was telling me about it. People have tons of gullstones in them and it flushes them out. I don't know too much about what gullstones are or why they are bad, I have read that they are full of toxins. Which I imagine cannot be a good thing to be sitting in your body.


I read a recipe for this containing epsom salt, grapefruit juice and olive oil. Am I on the right track to do this with a recipe like that?Should I do a liver cleanse? What is the right way to do it?
Online research is difficult as there is far more bad, wrong and even dangerous ';information'; out there than facts. It is difficult for the average person to separate the wheat from the chaff. (This board is part of the ';bad wrong and dangerous'; advice problem)





';liver cleansing'; or ';detoxifying'; is a common practice in AltMed, especially recommended by Naturopaths. The practice is not supported by scientific evidence. There is no diet/cleanse/purge that will ';flush out your gullstones (sic)';. Medical science has looked at those approaches many times and none of them work. I would be grateful if they did, and recommend them to patients, but the fact is they simply don't work. You don't mention if you even know that you have gallstones...recurrent right upper abdominal pain after eating a greasy meal is the classic symptom, but an ultrasound is the gold standard test. It's quite easy for someone to tell you they've cured your gallstones if you never had them in the first place.





Your liver and kidneys are the two organs in your body primarily responsible for removing waste products and acquired toxins. They have evolved fairly efficient and well understood ways of doing this. (Understood by science at least, if not by Alties)


They don't need any help from potions like you describe, though that will give you the runs and empty out your digestive tract.

No comments:

Post a Comment